Exploring post 18 Career Options
We provide comprehensive support for pupils applying to universities and apprenticeships.
Our form tutors and careers team ensure that pupils make informed decisions about their choices and help pupils put together the best possible UCAS application.
- Supporting Oxbridge applicants with a trip to an Oxbridge College, super-curricular extension classes, aptitude test and interview preparation
- Higher Education evening talks for Year 12 pupils and parents with guest speakers from leading universities
- University Exhibition trip, where pupils have the opportunity to speak directly to university admissions tutors.
- National Apprenticeship Show trip.
- Higher Education Week, in July of Year 12, students begin the UCAS application process and take part in a wide-ranging program of university, apprenticeship and careers related activities.
- Guest speakers from leading apprenticeship providers.
- Start Profile – an online platform supported by form time and independent activities that help students investigate career options and make informed decisions about their next steps
Start is an online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential.
Start combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.